Vogue Eyewear Brand Activation Consumer Sampling Case Study
How can a consumer activation campaign make a substantial impact in building awareness and buzz for a brand? Here is a case study of how Vogue Eyewear did just that.
Brands like Vogue Eyewear are choosing to use brand activations, mobile pop-up stores, experiential marketing and brand ambassadors to reach targeted consumer audiences across 10 cities.
CHALLENGE: Leverage Vogue’s Eyewear partnership with Pupa Make-Up to create and deliver a massive consumer activation product sampling campaign that would hundreds-of-thousands of women and millennial girls throughout the cities of Dallas, Los Angeles, Houston, New York, Milan, Miami, Palermo, Rome, Seattle and Verona that reinforced the Vogue Eyewear brand’s sophistication, elegance and style.
SOLUTION: 4 EON, fabricated and deployed one-of-a-kind mobile pop-up stores that incorporated sampling stations that efficiently delivered make up product trials and sunglasses stations together to over 120 thousand fans over the 10 city stops world tour. The pre-show experiential activations, included setting up compelling branded signage placements, interactive event photo activations, which were designed to give fans a personalized experience with the brand, by hiring a team of pretty brand ambassadors to approach girls on the street and give them a rose as a free gift. The girls were then encouraged to come and visit the mobile pop-up store to get a free make-up makeover by professional stylists and get try on different pairs of Vogue Eyewear’s latest sunglasses product line.
Key Elements Included:
- Four make-up artist stations were set up to engage people.
- One professional photographer taking mini photo shoots after they were styled by the makeup artists wearing the Vogue Eyewear sunglasses.
- Event Photo marketing Station: a photo shoot was constructed of a 6’ x 10’ Vogue-themed backdrop and it was made to look like a Hollywood red carpet event. Photos were delivered to the consumers in a high quality printed copy and also via text or email and included social sharing to Facebook and Twitter.
- We hired Filippa Lagerbäck who is a Swedish television presenter and fashion model working and residing in Italy to engage with the attendees.
- HP provided all the image production and wrapping of the pop-up store, a very large HP touch screen and HP photo printer for so people could touch the screen to select which photo they wanted in the photo activation booth.
Significant brand awareness and presence was established at each city destination through experiential, consumer activation, brand ambassadors, branded signage, lifestyle and product sampling campaigns. Here are the actual numbers and return on investment for Vogue Eyewear and Pupa Make-Up:
- 1000 brand ambassadors were groomed by Vogue Eyewear.
- 120,000 targeted people were reached.
- 80,000 Vogue Eyewear sunglasses were tried on and tested by consumers.
- 70,000 girls got to be styled by a professional with Pupa Make-Up cosmetics.
Brands are getting creative with mobile pop-up stores
“Many brands are choosing to use mobile pop-up stores to catch a shopper’s eye, these temporary storefronts can attract consumers with unique gimmicks and one-of-kind experiences that are not always available in regular brick and mortar retail locations.”- Davide Bolis, CEO of 4 EON, experiential marketing agency.